Monday, November 7, 2011



       My own preference would be for an utterance which summed existence in a concise manner.  So far geometry is as close as I can get.  And to further my ambition it is necessary for my mind to accept that time does not lend itself to shape.  Certainly I do not see time as a river, or something with a beginning and an end, and I suspect the reason for this is a reluctance to succumb to that failure of imagination described as 'causation'.
       Why, I should ask, am I allergic to 'causation.'  I could blame teachers of mathematics for the the word 'intransigence' written upon my soul.  I could blame circles, but to do so, might mean admitting that I find them pointless.  And the infinite line, I have concluded, is better understood as a place of timelessness.   There is however one thing for certain, musing upon such matters, while gainfully employed in a production line, results in a criticism.




No comments: