Friday, December 16, 2011




     I have been informed that this year of 2011,  Winter Solstice is 12.30 am Eastern Standard time on Thursday the twenty second of December.  Some of us may plant garlic, and if they do, I hope they observe correct patterns of planting which should incorporate the idea of movement and circularity. Something we in mail order retail have already seen too much of.

      This year, however, the awesome responsibility of ensuring that the days do indeed begin to lengthen falls to The Artist. And vague she is about the nature of the procedure, but I understand it involves a push mower, a pattern in grass and pacing about hoping for snow.  My own role will be that of excitable spectator, and I may be called upon to assist with rake and wheel barrow.




No comments: