Saturday, January 7, 2012

Creeping Grass


      Meanwhile, somewhere six hundred miles due south of us there is another name for Creeping Grass.  It's called Wiregrass, and apparently they are so completely at home with this scourge the region has a Wiregrass Mall, a Wiregrass Humane Society, a Wiregrass Art League and a Wiregrass Museum.

      The Museum should be an interesting place, and I wonder if shriveled gardeners will be expected to pay an entry fee.  I say this because to celebrate February the Seventh 2012 The Artist has offered to take me to see the Arboretum in Dothan Alabama, which she tells me is the Wiregrass Hub. I will however continue with the name Creeping Grass.


4 comments:

Gin said...

Wiregrass... creeping grass... Bermuda grass... Cynodon dactylon... But best of all... Devil's Grass!

tim candler said...

I understand it originated in Africa, and came to the USA via Europe and Burmuda or the Bahamas.

Gin said...

Can we send it back? I'm certain it would grow in the Sahara.

tim candler said...

I'll ask around in Dothan.