Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Deed Poll.

    For some reason I don't like the name Stewart.  No offence to those who might have Stewart in their name, because nor am I that fond of the three names I was born to.  And such a shame that John 'Walking' Stewart, contains the name Stewart.  But what name would I chose for myself, and who in this world I wonder actually likes their own name.

     I have to think the question of whether a person likes his or her own name, or names has more to do with a self understanding.  And I'll never know whether John 'Walking' Stewart liked his name.  It's not something harped upon in the normal course of events.  Either way I'm going to start thinking of John 'Walking' Stewart as "Walking John."  And to hell with any confusion that might arise.


No comments: