Friday, May 24, 2013

Froward

The Outhouse, though I say so myself, will be spacious and magnificent, and very wonderful.  However, I begin to think "Saint Theresa of Avila,"  after whom The Outhouse has been named would by now be reaching for her Book of Proverbs, King James Version.  She'd pause to relish 6:6 "Go to the ant thy sluggard: consider her ways and be wise."  But I can at last say that the preliminary debate and confusion in nomenclature phase  are probably concluded, roof line has generally been decided upon, and there has been some experimental bolting of one bit of wood to another, so the interpersonal aspect of the project is almost through and fairer winds ahead.

Nor has the interpersonal aspect been easy, or straightforward.  And I'd guess Saint Theresa, along with my Very Own Artist,  are still savoring Proverbs 6:12 and 6:13:  "A naughty person, a wicked person, walketh with a 'froward' mouth, he winketh with his eye, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers."  And I can feel Saint Theresa looking out from her cloister, and I can see the Artist staring down from her tractor in the field.  For yea I could be called a 'froward' person.  Difficult to deal with, perverse, wayward, contrary. But in my defense, I'd argue that  I have the communication skills of an Armadillo which makes it only appear that I, "speaketh with my feet," and  "teacheth with my fingers."  And if ever I have winked at any thing, it's source was wind and sawdust.

No comments: