Sunday, August 4, 2013

Henry the First.

Henry the First, an  English King,  is said to have died from a surfeit of Eels. He'd been travelling through the Fenlands of East Anglia, during Eel season. That particular Eel includes a visit to the Sargasso Sea in its life cycle, a distance of  something like four thousand miles.

The ancestors of Eel that sent Henry the First to his grave, are currently environmentally challenged. They require the assistance of  Eel enthusiasts, fishermen and bird watchers to maintain  their presence as a species upon our planet. In my own tiny world I am struggling with a surfeit of Tomato. Which means canning. If I eat one more of them, I'll likely drown.

1 comment:

Gin said...

I can sympathize though my surfeit is tree grown. The solution is to foist on others and let them deal with the problem.