Thursday, August 29, 2013

Two cups, three tablespoons.

To make a truly viscous gravy the proportions are about  two cups of liquid to three tablespoons of flour. I mention this because of what I will from now on be referring to as "Age Related Forgetfulness." It is a phrase that is both polite and forgiving in same way that "Midriff Bulge" is both polite and forgiving.

 "Age Related Forgetfulness" is not a term I have come to embrace without considerable thought. "Can't Remember Crap," for example is very depressing, as well as defeatist.  And wandering through an index unable to remember whether F comes before H is just very, very sad. 

1 comment:

Gin said...

There is a corollary to this, "Age Related Certainty." Today has been Wednesday, all day long, it has been Wednesday. No doubt about it, it was certainly Wednesday. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was Friday and I had missed a Thursday appointment.