Monday, October 7, 2013

Travelling with curled finger

So I mislaid the glasses in all the excitement. And I remembered how if a person curled a finger so as to create a pinhole, it could improve vision in at least one eye.  Not something possible to do while actually driving, so judging my speed of travel, time and progress was not easy. They are so picky about speed limits in the purple state of Virginia.

Then after about what I thought might have been Steeles Tavern, I reckoned it time to  glare at the instrument panel. But I could not remember which of the gauges on the well lit check engine light side of the instrument panel was gasoline. Either way, the curled finger pinhole technique works quite well for the more detailed work, so long as no one in a sunhat is staring at you.

1 comment:

Gin said...

Welcome back! You've been missed. Hope you find the glasses. That can be a costly loss in more ways than one.