Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dementia

There are some who might suggest that a calendar is the single most influential tool in the bucket of tools our species has collected over time.  Then if you ask someone to draw a line of their own twelve month calendar, so that the line goes up for contentment and down for discontentment, you will find that there are people in this world who see the Januarys and Februarys of our northern  hemisphere as places of contentment.

Oddly enough I have a memory that I begin to think has got to be either a false memory, or some sort of a dementia. Sometime last summer, probably while bent double picking Beans, and the struggle to get blood to stop pooling in my head because I had spotted the soft fat child of a bean Beetle,  I think I remember visualizing the line of my own calendar and seeing points of high contentment through the months of January and February.

2 comments:

Gin said...

I can only believe that was a form of delirium caused by over exposure to the conditions of the moment. Either that or you need to be committed. No one in his right mind.... You have since come around in your thinking haven't you? Seriously.

tim candler said...

I think sometimes during heat and bug infestation, the mind wanders to an idea of a pure form of winter. Which is a place that could be filled with long thoughts and peaceable-ness rather than pacing around staring out the window and sometimes shouting at those fine men and women of the weather service.