Tuesday, January 7, 2014

PV

The PV, as we are learning to call whatever it is that's happening outside, is still with us.  It's a little like having a truly obnoxious neighbor who has taken to standing outside the window staring in. And when he is not doing that he has a high power binocular trained upon us. Watching our every move. Taking notes on the number of clothing layers, choice of footwear and probably he laughs jolly when one of us wears our wooly hat inside. And he has a keen eye for both "irritable" and "nice" reactions to his attention.

I have to think that I am not the first to have made this observation.  But my question to others is, how, when and why did the gift giving emerge.  I'd like to try to think of it as an act of contrition on the part of PV's everywhere.  But so far as I can tell, it's not the PV that actually does the gift giving. 

No comments: