Monday, July 21, 2014

Thrasher

Thrasher nest in the near Apple tree is with chick. Never in all my rurality have I ever seen a Thrasher nest so near to a domicile. In a sense it's a glorious moment, but I sometimes wonder what happened to my friend the Close Mockingbird, and given the gossip about Mockingbird's chasing off Thrashers in places like Ohio and Canada, I am developing a suspicion about Thrashers.

It is possible the Thrasher community, here where I live, having heard these dastardly rumors about more northern dwelling Mockingbird, did something horrible to the Close Mockingbird when I was away.  There is no evidence of course, no smoking gun. But it's these sort of suspicions which lead to an increase in a person's determination never to leave their county again.

No comments: