Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Small Blessing for The Otherwise Preoccupied

Prelude to Winter Solstice is always a difficult time. It's more like a purgatory with decorative accents and unnecessary expenditures than it is like a hell, but all the same the secret is to keep 'otherwise preoccupied.' A mind wanders, starts concerning itself with the history of a completely fictional people, and there's always the happy possibility of a rubber room somewhere.

 And here with respect to giving thanks, I am indeed grateful that all those years ago I decided against actually inventing a completely fictional language for a completely fictional people. Don't get me wrong, I do have notes. Reams of them, entitled The Language of Sabeans. Then the technical device arrived, I pretty much forgot how to do handwriting and I'll tell you this much, a made up language really confuses the spell checker.

No comments: