Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day Two

This is bold new territory for me. And it seems wholly inappropriate and altogether totally inadequate to just call it "Day Two." And with such a pathetic, un-resounding sort of name it's no wonder I don't remember having actually survived a Day Two before, except perhaps in more imaginative moments while being interrogated by the Medical Profession.

Perhaps too, after one whole day, an entire thirty and a half hours, I might now be in a position to better understand the mood and world view of the Non-Smoker. A generous if rather unseemly percentage of our population, who are fitter, better educated and wealthier, I'm told. Either way, there's a Toad Stool in Junk Gully I've got to go shout at. It's the sort of thing we Non-Smokers do, apparently.

4 comments:

Gin said...

I have to ask, how far did the toadstool fly? I'm assuming, of course, that it's no longer rooted in the drain.

tim candler said...

As a fellow non-smoker, you know what reasonable and caring people we are. Of course I exaggerate about the shouting part purely for dramatic effect or affect, depending on I forget exactly what the difference is between the two words.... Anyway, you'll be glad to hear the Toad Stool is now living happily in central time. I know how worried we no smokers can get about these things.

Gin said...

I'm at the "I only kicked the cat twice today" stage.

tim candler said...

I lost track of my stages, but I think I'm at the stage that looks forward to the "I only kicked the cat twice today stage." I might have to borrow a cat for that stage, but looking forward to it.