Thursday, December 25, 2014

Gifting

I remember Georgie Fame. And I remember Radio Caroline, which was a pirate radio station somewhere out there in the North Sea. In my mind it was a big glittering ship with lots of lights on it. But the photograph of Radio Caroline shows a small rusty looking boat that might have been a trawler, and which looked likely to sink at any moment.

 Georgie Fame was a white guy who could sing blues. At least I thought he could. He got himself all involved with finding his way in the big world of music promotion. They gave him outfits, told him how many guitars he could have, they got rid of his bongo player. who looked a little too ethnic for the dolly birds. Anyway, someone bought one of my books today. Best Christmas present ever. Don't know who.

No comments: