Sunday, January 25, 2015

Worm-hole Theory of History and Potato

I do realize that making up History is filled with pitfalls. I also share the idea that despite rumor to the contrary the great majority of history has been made up. So my own view is to put value on the sort of history that draws form balls of wool rather than some kind of straight line extending into the distant past when we were single celled organisms. Call this the worm-hole theory of history, if you like.

The other thing I wanted to mention today has to to do with Corporate Potatoes. There is something incredible wrong with the new breed of Potato that fill space in the Grocery Store. I am beginning to believe they are evil. My own attempts to store Potato have been pathetic, just tragic. But the Sweet Potato, the Beauregard, will grow until frost, they keep well throughout the winter and as everyone knows they are a "complete food."

2 comments:

Gin said...

Sweet potatoes.....mmmmmmm! Good food! Did you know I'm eating descendents from a Beauregard sweet potato you all gave me five years ago? I guess I should say thank you for the years of good eating around here.

tim candler said...

They do last so well. I think we're eating descendents from Beauregard that came back from your garden about two years ago