Thursday, July 23, 2015

Conclusions and Cliffs

I do vaguely remember when I could read without glasses. And I do vaguely remember when I could write a list that was legible. One of the more enduring constants in the pattern of my life is a failure to grasp the semi-colon and an inability to spell. Oddly I always thought wearing glasses, competence around spelling and semi-colons, and legible list writing went hand in glove. How very wrong I was.

Just goes to show a person should never be fooled by appearances, his or anyone else's. A difficult concept for your correspondent to grasp. His ability to leap to conclusions and hold fast to them as though clinging to a cliff by his finger nails would put him right up there with at least a silver medal should leaping to conclusions ever become an Olympic event. And it's most certainly time for The Rabbit of Usk to stop using phrases like "Cat amongst the ponies." 

No comments: