Monday, December 21, 2015

6.40 PM EST

For those of us who live in the northern parts of our planet there's no doubt in my mind that today is the most important day of the year. And in a strange way today is the day to mourn an event that occurred three maybe four billion years ago. The impact that caused the world to wobble must have been a sight to see. Then there's the argument which might suggest us people would be less conflicted if there were no seasons, but as an MRE (Model Railway Enthusiast) I understand a person can't have everything.

And it's true I often wish I'd been called by whoever it is that calls to the Trappist Monk. Quite why I was called by Winter Solstice has got to be some sort of cruel joke. But it's the thought of it that counts. Around 6.40 PM eastern standard time here where I live one of the movements the Earth makes upon her axis will stop. Could just be for milliseconds of course. It's kind of awesome, the idea of a return to lengthening days. The June Event is pathetic in comparison. No doubt the Southerners have their own opinions.

No comments: